Malta’s strategic position in the heart of the Mediterranean has played an instrumental role in shaping its history throughout the centuries. Today, as the eighth largest maritime flag in the world and the second largest in Europe, the Maltese flag has clearly earned the confidence of ship owners, financiers and management companies the world over. Our maritime practice enjoys wide professional recognition, placing us amongst the leaders in ship registration and finance transactions in Malta
GVZH Advocates offers the following shipping related services:
- Registration, transfer and deletion of vessels under the Malta flag;
- Registration of bareboat charters under the Malta flag;
- Searches of the Malta ship register;
- Searches of Maltese ship-owning entities;
- Co-ordination of vessel financing transactions, preparation and review of loan agreements, security agreements, statutory mortgages, collateral deeds of covenants, issuing of legal opinions;
- Registration, amendment, transfer and discharge of statutory mortgage deeds registered over Malta-registered vessels;
- Structuring and implementation of vessel re-finance transactions;
- Handling of on-going crewing and compliance formalities with the relevant Maltese authorities;
- Enforcement of claims against Malta-registered vessels, and vessels situated within Maltese territorial waters;
- Arrest of vessels.
For further information about how GVZH Advocates can help you with your shipping legal requirements, kindly contact us on email@example.com.