Terms & Conditions
Thank you for showing interest in our services. In designing our Website, operations and procedures, including the Terms and Conditions set out below, we have tried to be as transparent as possible. Transparency is one of our core values and this we also hope to achieve by ensuring that these terms are clear and concise.
1.1 GVZH Advocates is a civil partnership established in terms of Maltese law, offering legal advisory services. GVZH Trustees is a limited liability company (registration number C23095) established in terms of Maltese law. GVZH Trustees is a licensed company service provider (‘CSP’) offering corporate services. A reference to ‘GVZH’ refers to GVZH Advocates and GVZH Trustees collectively.
- This website gvzh.mt (the ‘Website’) is designed to provide information relating to the services provided by GVZH. Nothing on the Website should be construed as legal advice, as explained further hereunder.
- You may carry out any of the following actions through the Website:
- contact us or a member of our team by email;
- subscribe to our newsletter.
- For information as to how information collected through the Website is processed, please see our Privacy Notice. The Privacy Notice and other policies as amended from time to time, form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions, and any reference to the “Terms and Conditions” shall include a reference to the Privacy Notice and other such policies.
- We are entitled to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time and to do so according to our absolute and exclusive discretion. Your use of the Website will automatically signify your intention to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time.
- The Terms and Conditions, as updated or amended from time to time by the Company, constitute the entire understanding by and between you and GVZH in relation to the use of the Website. Any presentation, promise, undertaking or consent, whether verbal or in writing, which does not comply with the Terms and Conditions, is null and void.
2. Making a Request for a Product
A contract of service is never concluded with GVZH through the Website. All services will be quoted for when a representative of GVZH responds to your query, and a contract of service will only be concluded if/when a Letter of Engagement is issues in your favour.
3. Your Use of the Website
3.1 You may not make use of the Website if you are under the age of eighteen (18) on the date of access, unless this is done with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian.
3.2 It is your responsibility to ensure that correct is provided to GVZH when making a query. We shall not be held liable for any errors committed by you when making a query.
3.3 The content and information on this Website, as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, the GVZH logos, Website design and software therein, are proprietary to GVZH. Accordingly, you may not (without our prior written consent) modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or re-sell retransmit, redistribute any information obtained from this Website or make the same available on any website, on-line service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or on any other media, except as provided in Clause 3.4 below. Other products and company names mentioned in the Website may be the trademarks of their respective owners, which GVZH is licensed or otherwise authorized to use.
3.4 You may download, store and use the information on the Website for your own personal use and research or that of your firm or company. GVZH copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this Website.
3.5 You shall not:
3.5.1 portray GVZH and/or any services provided through the Website in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter;
3.5.2 create any link to the Website without our prior written consent:
3.5.3 restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of the Website by any third party:
3.5.4 use the Website:
184.108.40.206 in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
220.127.116.11 for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, or to send, post, transmit, use or reuse any material that is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing, in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right or is otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, including material which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or “spam” ;
18.104.22.168 to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
3.6 You acknowledge responsibility for any content posted or otherwise transmitted on the Website by yourself. You further grant GVZH the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content, in whole or part, worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
3.7 GVZH has the right in its sole discretion to refuse, move or remove content posted or otherwise transmitted on the Website by yourself, if such content in any manner violates or may violate these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable.
3.8 We may block any person from accessing the Website if such person is in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
You agree to defend and indemnify GVZH, its affiliates, and/or respective suppliers and any of its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal, judicial and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of the your breach of these Terms and Conditions, violation of any law or violation of the rights of a third party.
5. Liability Disclaimer
5.1 Whilst every effort is made to maintain the accuracy of the information on our Website, the information offered on the Website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. GVZH and its affiliates do not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaim liability for inaccuracies relating to any information displayed on the Website..
5.2 Without prejudice to anything contained above, GVZH Advocates expressly disclaims any and all liability whatsoever occasioned pursuant to anything done or omitted to be done wholly or partly in reliance upon the contents of this Website, or any part thereof. GVZH Advocates further expressly disclaims any and all liability in respect of any loss or damage suffered by any person of the information contained on this Website.
5.3 All information on this Website is:
- of a general informative nature only and should in no way be interpreted or construed as legal or any other kind of advice;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete or up-to-date; and
- subject to change without notice.
- Nothing on this Website constitutes advice, nor does the transmission, downloading or sending of any information create any contractual relationship between GVZH Advocates and the Website user. No person should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any matter contained in this Website without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular relevant facts and circumstances.
5.5 GVZH makes no representations about the suitability of the information contained on the Website for any purpose. All information offered on the Website are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. GVZH Advocates gives no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with regard to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information on this Website.
- In no event shall GVZH be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, the use of the Website or with the delay or inability to use the Website, or for any information and services obtained through the Website, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Website, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, even if GVZH, its affiliates, and/or their respective suppliers have been advised of the possibility of damages.
- Sometimes, information is linked to external Websites over which GVZH Advocates has no control and for which GVZH Advocates assumes no responsibility.
6.1 No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between GVZH and yourself as a result of your use of this Website.
6.2 If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and agreement shall continue in effect.
6.3 Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
7. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and the related Privacy Notice set out in this Website shall be governed by and interpreted and construed in accordance with Maltese Law. The Courts of Malta shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to or in connection with this Website and its use.
Terms and Conditions GVZH Advocates, GVZH Trustees