Financial Services & Fintech
34th IBA International Financial Law Conference
A conference co-presented by the IBA Banking Law Committee and IBA Securities Law Committee, supported by the IBA European Regional Forum
The International Bar Association, established in 1947, is the world’s leading organisation of international legal practitioners, bar associations and law societies. The IBA influences the development of international law reform and shapes the future of the legal profession throughout the world.
It has a membership of more than 80,000 individual lawyers and more than 190 bar associations and law societies spanning over 160 countries. It has considerable expertise in providing assistance to the global legal community.
This year the IBA’S conference sessions and topics will continue to discuss recent trends relating to capital markets and banking transactions and regulatory developments, such as:
- Payment services industry novelties, regulatory and technological challenges
- Can the current legal framework on financial services cope with blockchain trade models?
- Artificial Intelligence in the financial industry
- Follow-up on capital markets regulatory overflows from Dodd Frank to, Basel III or rather IV and well as CRD, EMIR, MAD, not forgetting the Prospectus regulations
- Liability of rating agencies – attempting to dispel the fog
- How can you do an M&A deal without knowing your shareholders or bondholders? Role of proxy advisors
- Clawback policy on incentive compensation in light of required restatements
- How to reach the financial close in PPP Projects
GVZH Advocates will be attending this event. Please contact us here if you would like meet us there.